Nice strutting, San Francisco!
Now that the dust has settled and the leashes have been hung up, we’d like to take a moment to say thank you. Thank you for your support, your enthusiasm and your incredible efforts to help save the lives of homeless pets in your community.
This year, San Francisco fell just shy of its overall fundraising goal. (Don’t worry, we’ll get it next year.) But hey, when you’re shooting for the stars, it’s easy to miss when you’re flying high. And that’s exactly what you did — raise a total of nearly $120,000 for the animals, with almost $100,000 raised for 15 Network Partner rescues and shelters that participated. Can we get a tail wag, please?
Thanks to your participation, along with all of your fellow strutters, homeless dogs and cats across the country will enjoy brighter futures in loving homes of their own.
Already going through Strut Your Mutt withdrawals?
No problem. We’ve got the antidote. Click here to check out this year’s event photo album, which features some fabulous photos taken at the Best Friends “smooch your pooch” booth. Photo booth photos are courtesy of The Furrtographer, and the event photos are courtesy of Lori Fusaro, Phillip Welty and Teresa Kennett.
Congratulations again to the award winners!
- Top Individual Fundraiser - Bettina Yip, of the team Rocket Dog Rescue
- Top Youth Fundraiser - Miranda Camille, of the team Rocket Dog Rescue
- Top Friends & Family Team - Team Doot Doot, led by team captain Danielle Sciocchetti
- Top Network Partner Team - Oakdale Shelter Pet Alliance, led by team captain Betsie Corwin
- Second Place Network Partner Team - Silicon Valley Pet Project, led by team captain Margot VanderWalde
- Third Place Network Partner Team - NorCal Boxer Rescue, led by team captain Rebecca Genauer
On behalf of the animals, thank you for your participation. This year’s event was one to remember, not only for all of us, but especially for the thousands of fuzzy lives you helped save. We can’t wait to see you next year! Be on the lookout in Spring 2016 for more details.
Together, we can Save Them All®.