Salt Lake City, you knocked it out of the park!
Now that the dust has settled and the leashes have been hung up, we’d like to take a moment to say thank you. Thank you for your support, your enthusiasm and your incredible efforts to help save the lives of homeless pets in your community.
And guess what? You did it! Salt Lake City beat its fundraising goal. You raised a total of nearly $225,000 for the animals, with almost $200,00 raised for 22 Network Partner rescues and shelters that participated. Can we get a tail wag, please?
Thanks to your participation, along with all of your fellow strutters, homeless dogs and cats across the country will enjoy brighter futures in loving homes of their own.
Already going through Strut Your Mutt withdrawals?
No problem. We’ve got the antidote. Click here to check out this year’s event photo album, which features some fabulous photos taken at the Best Friends “smooch your pooch” booth by Alex Gallivan.
Did you run a timed 5K?
Bravo! Click here to view your results.
Congratulations to our first place finishers:
- First place female - Shay Bilinski and her dog, Bailey
- First place male - Robert Steffens and his dog, Moose
Congratulations again to the award winners!
- Top Individual Fundraiser - Sara Hansen of the team CAWS
- Top Youth Fundraiser - Montana Leonard of the team Arctic Breeds Rescue
- Top Friends & Family Team - Utah Corgis, led by team captain Carrie Young
- Top Company Team - Delta Force, led by team captain Kathleen Lemieux
- Top Network Partner Team - CAWS, led by team captain Sara Hansen
- Second Place Network Partner Team - Second Chance for Homeless Pets, led by team captain Rhonda Greenhalgh
- Third Place Network Partner Team - Utah Friends of Basset Hounds, led by team captain Peggy Chudd
On behalf of the animals, thank you for your participation. This year’s event was one to remember, not only for all of us, but especially for the thousands of fuzzy lives you helped save. We can’t wait to see you next year! Be on the lookout in Spring 2016 for more details.
Together, we can Save Them All®.