Thank you for visiting my Strut Your Mutt fundraising page.
Why do we strut for Friends of Jacksonville Animals (FOJA)? The answer is simple. As a member of FOJA since 2011 and current Board President, I understand where every donated dollar goes. All monies raised go to the direct care and equipment needed to save lives at Jacksonville's Animal Care & Protective Services (as well as the three beaches shelters) every day.
Below is a partial list of the services we provide:
- Fund the entire heartworm treatment program for treating dogs in-house, as well, as adopter assistance for HW positive dogs adopted prior to being treated. Over $75,000 spent in 2016 alone!
- Pay for specialty life-changing/saving surgeries not possible at the shelter.
- Arrange direct payment to outside specialist veterinary services for diagnostic blood work, testing, and procedures
- Provide necessary equipment to the vet staff and animal control officers as requested. This includes the three beaches shelters (Jacksonville Beach, Neptune Beach, and Atlantic Beach).
- Purchase enrichment supplies, kitten formulas and other supplies for foster homes
- Promote adoption events for pets at ACPS or any of the three beaches shelters (Jacksonville Beach, Neptune Beach and Atlantic Beach)
FOJA is an all-volunteer 501(c)3 nonprofit that is able to do what we do thanks to donations from the public and through events such as Strut Your Mutt.
A reminder that ALL money raised by walkers on the Friends of Jacksonville Animals team (after fees) will stay in Jacksonville with FOJA to benefit local animals in need.
Don't forget to check to see if your company matches donations! Make your money go farther.