Thank you for visiting our TEAM RON & MARY ELLEN Strut Your Mutt fundraising page! Hosted by Best Friends Animal Society, Strut Your Mutt is an annual walk and festival held in 14 U.S. cities. Jacksonville, FL is fortunate enough to be one of the host cities each year. The goal is to raise funds and bring awareness to homeless animals across our country.
This charity walk is a lot of fun, but here’s really why this event is so important to us and why this will be our 4th year participating. Every day, yes, that's right, every day, more than 9,000 dogs and cats are killed in America's shelters simply because they don't have safe places to call home. Just process that for a moment. The numbers are staggering and devastating. Each one could have been someone’s furry family member (and were at some point), if just given a chance. That’s why we help.
We are Advisors, volunteers and supporters of Friends of Jacksonville Animals (FOJA), an all-volunteer 501(c)3 nonprofit group that formed to provide resources and services for animals at Jacksonville Animal Care & Protective Services (ACPS). The FOJA volunteers work tirelessly to raise money for the shelter animals so they can receive medical services and supplies the city budget isn’t able to cover.
These are just a few ways FOJA helps:
- Fund the entire heartworm treatment program for treating dogs in-house, as well, as adopter assistance for HW positive dogs adopted prior to being treated. Over $75,000 spent in 2016 alone!
- Pay for specialty life-changing/saving surgeries not possible at the shelter.
- Arrange direct payment to outside specialist veterinary services for diagnostic blood work, testing, and procedures
- Provide necessary equipment to the vet staff and animal control officers as requested. This includes the three beaches shelters (Jacksonville Beach, Neptune Beach, and Atlantic Beach).
- Purchase enrichment supplies, kitten formulas and other supplies for foster homes
- Promote adoption events for pets at ACPS or any of the three beaches shelters (Jacksonville Beach, Neptune Beach and Atlantic Beach)
FOJA never wants to say “No” to an animal in need, but the only way they can continue to help is with your support. Please consider helping us reach our goal this year so together, we can raise money for shelter animals! Your donation is tax-deductible for you, and FOJA will receive all the money they raise (after transaction fees). Then, 100% of the funds raised will go directly to animals at ACPS. So, even if you aren’t able to foster or adopt a pet right now, you can still help. Your donation WILL SAVE LIVES!
Together, we can Save Them All.
A heartfelt thank you,
Ron & Mary Ellen