"EVERY DOG MATTERS" at Joey's Elder Paws Rescue and H.E.A.L. Now, a 501(c)(3) organization, committed to saving lives and reducing canine homelessness. Our MISSION is to transform human and animal lives through our two-pronged approach of ANIMAL ADVOCACY & RESCUE and HUMANE EDUCATION.
Your donation is tax-deductible and 100% goes to an animal in need. Go to www.healsanctuary.org for more information on our rescue. Our ANIMAL ADVOCACY & RESCUE initiatives include:
- The Joey & Oreo HEAL Fund. Our give-back fund, committed to reducing euthanasia rates and keeping pets out of shelters by helping families, and rescue groups pay for vet and rehab expenses.
- H.E.A.L. (Humanity, Empathy, & Animal Love) Sanctuary. Our long term (next 3-5 years) goal is to build the HEAL Sanctuary on the property we recently acquired in Upstate NY. Our sanctuary will be home to abandoned senior, bonded, and pitbull-type dogs, and temporary safe haven for pets belonging to military personnel deployed overseas, victims of domestic violence, owners with short-term medical needs requiring hospitalization; and, families that become homeless due to breed restrictions or other reasons.
Our HUMANE EDUCATION program aims to address the root causes of violence and cruelty in society by BUILDING UP OUR YOUTH through education and participation in our TeachH.E.A.L programs. The goal of our animal-human bonding programs is to cultivate EMPATHY and compassion in children and youth towards animals, and foster respect for other human beings.
We are a young organization (formed in January 2017) with mighty goals. Over the last one year, we have:
- Rescued, vetted, and adopted out 16 senior and special needs pets
- Sponsored the freedom of 37 dogs by paying for their vet bills and/or rehabilitation expenses, enabling them to be saved from "at risk" situations
- Assisted 11 families with vet bills, enabling the pets to stay on with their families
- Focused our animal advocacy efforts on the Waterbury, CT municipal pound. The pound is located in a high traffic, tough neighborhood and does not allow volunteers. We have advocated for change at the pound and in addition, highlighted the plight of dogs at this pound on social media and been successful in rescuing and sponsoring the freedom of 13 dogs in danger of being euthanized due to lack of space.
As part of our other animal welfare initiatives, we donated:
- A large number of Seresto collars to help in flea/tick prevention of chained and outside dogs in the Central NY, which were distributed by a local animal advocacy group
- Much needed dog food, treats and other supplies to Grenada SPCA in the Carribean
Please make a donation today to help us H.E.A.L. more homeless pets. Your donation is tax-deductible. And what's great is that our rescue keeps all the money it raises (after transaction fees). Thank you for making a lifesaving gift to the animals and for helping to Save Them All.