Thank you for your interest in volunteering!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us at the Best Friends Pet Rescue and Reunion Pavilion located at the NRG Arena in Houston. Best Friends is working to reunite lost Harvey pets with their families and we are currently caring for nearly 400 storm displaced dogs and more than 100 cats. We couldn't do what we do without our volunteers!
Our daily volunteer shifts are typically 3-4 hours in length between 8am-6:30pm.
Areas where we need help include Cat Care Support, Dog Care Support, General Operations Help/Floater, Greeter/Volunteer Coordinator, Vets and Vet Techs. If you are a skilled dog handler, vet or vet tech, please email HarveyVol@bestfriends.org
Instructions for creating your volunteer account and scheduling your volunteer shifts
Once you create your volunteer account and access the calendar you will see the positions and shift times. Signing up ahead of time allows you to choose your area of interest and we know when to expect you.
Before coming to the Pet Rescue and Reunion Pavilion, there is some important information you need to know:
- You can sign up for multiple shifts in a day.
- Shift times are subject to change and additional positions will be added as our needs evolve.
- You must be fully self-sustaining. Volunteers are responsible for securing their own lodging. Hotel rooms and rental cars may be limited. You might consider an Airbnb or VRBO property.
- Please plan on supplying your own food and water.
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.
- We have created a Harvey Volunteer Information document that provides information on volunteer positions, parking, accommodations, transportation, other resources and tips.
Join our Best Friends Hurricane Harvey Travel Group on Facebook and connect with other Hurricane Harvey volunteers to share recommendations, information, resources and ask questions. The volunteer team also posts important time sensitive updates on this page.
If you have any questions please email us at HarveyVol@bestfriends.org. Thank you for volunteering your time and expertise. Together, we can Save Them All.