Welcome to the Frederick Friends of Our County Animal Shelter team fundraising page!

Event Date: October 23, 2021
Team: Frederick Friends of Our County Animal Shelter
Fundraising Goal: $5,000.00
Goal Progress: 6%

$275.00 $5,000.00

2021 Strut Your Mutt Day

Frederick Friends of Our County Animal Shelter

Thank you for visiting our Strut Your Mutt Team page. Team FFOCAS is raising money to help the homeless pets of Frederick County, Maryland. And we plan on having a lot of fun doing it!

As an open-admission animal shelter, Frederick County Animal Control (FCAC) takes in more than 3,000 pets annually. Of those, the shelter is able to save about 65%, returning them to their homes or placing them with adopters or rescue organizations. What about the other 35%?

The Frederick County Government funds FCAC sufficiently to allow for a basic level of care. But many of the animals who find themselves at the shelter need more than basic care. They are sick or injured, very young or very old, or have behavioral challenges due to a lack of prior training or socialization. Essentially, these pets have been let down by every human they've known. In some cases, the shelter has no choice but to humanely euthanize such animals.

Shelter staff have the expertise and the compassion to save the other 35%—the pets whose needs go beyond basic care.

But FCAC lacks the resources to do this and, as a county agency, the shelter is not allowed to solicit donations on its own behalf. That's where Frederick Friends of Our County Animal Shelter (FFOCAS)—and you!—come in.

Team FFOCAS is participating in Best Friends Animal Society’s Strut Your Mutt event to raise money for animals. We need your help, too. 

Please help us by joining or donating to our team and/or by using the ResQWalk app with Frederick Friends of Our County Animal Shelter as beneficiary organization. Your donation is tax deductible and FFOCAS receives 100% of the money raised after transaction fees. And the best part? That money will help save the lives of homeless pets right here in Frederick County!

Together, we can Save Them All. 

Thank you for your support!

View More
Working it like a dog (or cat)!
Is apart of the Network Partner Team Division for the 2021 Strut Your Mutt Day event

Network Partner
Team

Raised $250 for the 2021 Strut Your Mutt Day event

$250
Raised

© 2021 Best Friends Animal Society. All Rights Reserved.

Best Friends, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, operates the nation's largest sanctuary for homeless animals; provides adoption, spay/neuter, and educational programs.

© 2021 Best Friends Animal Society. All Rights Reserved.

Best Friends, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, operates the nation's largest sanctuary for homeless animals; provides adoption, spay/neuter, and educational programs.