We are walking to save the lives of homeless pets! Strut Your Mutt is an annual fundraising walk that saves the lives of homeless pets right here in our community and all across the country.
Please support Operation Blankets of Love (OBOL) by joining our walk team. If you cannot walk with us, you can make a donation to our team or to one of our team members.
Your life-saving gift will help keep OBOL's programs and services FREE!
Here's How OBOL Helps to Save Lives of Homeless Animals:
- OBOL donates pet food, treats, blankets, towels, pet beds, leashes, collars, harnesses, toys, crates and other critical pet supplies - AT NO COST - to over 1,000 homeless animals each month in shelters, rescue groups, pets of the homeless and wildlife sanctuaries in California and beyond.
- OBOL acts as the “Red Cross” to the animal rescue world. We donate crates and other essential supplies to rescue groups that are conducting emergency transports of animals from high-kill shelters to foster caretakers or into their new forever homes.
- We also provide emergency support during natural disasters such as fires, hurricanes, earthquakes, and floods. We were set up next to the Red Cross during the Woolsey Fires, in November 2018, to offer support and supplies to displaced families with pets. In July 2019, we were the only animal welfare organization present during the aftermath of the Ridgecrest Earthquakes and donated nearly 4,500 pounds of critical pet supplies such as: crates, collars, leashes, bowls, and pet food.
- Homeless people with pets often tell us that their pet is the only family they have. Pets are the primary source of comfort and consistency during the uncertainty of homelessness. OBOL's services keep these pets fed and properly leashed so that they can remain with their owners and stay safe from being harmed in traffic.
- OBOL also works with homeless or low-income veterans and their animals, many of which are service animals, to ensure that they have the supplies they need to adequately care for their pets and keep them safe.
- OBOL offers a comprehensive Humane Education Learning Program (HELP) for free to schools and youth groups. This program teaches children at a young age about responsible pet ownership, being kind and respectful to animals and each other, the plight of shelter animals and how they can make a difference, and advocacy with strong messages of anti-bullying.
We believe no animal should be abused, neglected or abandoned and instead have the right to live a life filled with love and compassion.
Every day, more than 2,200 dogs and cats are killed in America's shelters, simply because they don't have safe places to call home. OBOL works every day to ensure homeless animals are comfortable and happy - increasing their chances of being adopted and directly improving their health and survival. But we need your help, too.
Please join us either by registering for our team or donating to one of our team members. Your donation is tax deductible and will have a direct and positive impact on the lives of 12,000+ homeless animals each year. Thank you for your kind support.