Classic Canines is dedicated to saving the lives of senior dogs through adoption placement and medical care, by helping remove those barriers to adoption or prevent families from having to surrender a loved family pet.
Why foster or adopt a senior?!?!
- You may save his/her life. Senior dogs are vulnerable, even in no-kill shelters. Hazards and germs abound, spirits sink and sickness takes over.
- Senior dogs “know the ropes”, they often know basic commands and transition into nearly any new home easily. Some elder dogs may require accommodations for stairs.
- Senior dogs don’t require the excessive energy outlets of young dogs, they often self manage well while their owner is away from the home. No chewed up socks and shoes!
- A perfect dog for busy professionals and a perfect companion for those who are more homebound and everyone in between!
- The senior dog is very appreciative of the love and care you give him/her, it’s truly a gift and somehow they just seem to know you’ve saved them. They never forget!
See a list of our adoptables at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11c1Xr1Vivuocvy5pd5zQoLZizstEjkF8i-JggTv2Dk4/edit?usp=sharing